With the rise of lifestyle diseases, consumers are increasingly becoming conscious and deliberate about living a healthier lifestyle. This has resulted in a rise in demand for convenient health food and drinks. If you are considering starting or are running a healthy food business, Impress Printers can help you design and print packaging to compliment your health food offering;
We all know that people eat with their eyes first, so your packaging plays an important role in the overall consumption experience. So here are a few things to consider when designing packaging for your healthy food business;
Fresh and Organic Cues on your front label
- Just as it is imperative that your food is fresh, the packaging it is delivered in needs to help communicate freshness
- Clean fonts, green, brown and monochrome colours and use of words such as fresh, crisp on packaging will help achieve this
- Try to use as few colours as possible, let the product do most of the talking
Declare contents and source on Back Label
- Consumers want to know what is in their food and where it comes from
- Keep the ingredient list simple but ensure you declare all nutritional information on your back label
- You can also use QR code technology on your label, to tell consumers more about your product
- Is your packaging designed for travelling – can consumers carry it to/ from work with ease?
- Is your packaging designed for cold/ hot temperatures – can consumers store their meal in the fridge/ warm it up?
Sustainable Packaging is the way to go
- Consumers who are thinking about their health are most likely concerned about the environment.
- Choose sustainable packaging to compliment your healthy food offering
- Even better, include tips of how your consumers can recycle your packaging or re-use it around their home