READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE BROWSING THIS WEBSITE OR USING ANY OF THE SERVICES. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS WEBSITE INDICATES THAT YOU HAVE BOTH READ AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY. YOU CANNOT USE THIS WEBSITE IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS POLICY. ALL SECTIONS OF THIS POLICY ARE APPLICABLE TO BOTH MEMBERS AND GUESTS UNLESS THE SECTION EXPRESSLY STATES OTHERWISE.
We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to –
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your physical address;
- your mobile number;
Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
We will not, without your express consent:
use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
- in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods;
- to contact you regarding current or new Goods or services or any other goods offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
- to improve our product selection and your experience on our Website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the Website; or
disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
- to our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of Goods or when delivering Goods to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
- to our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of these Terms and Conditions;
- to our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology services etc). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
- to our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you regarding any faulty Goods you have purchased which requires their involvement; and
- to any Third Party Seller for purposes of sending you an invoice for any Goods purchased from such Third Party Seller, which disclosed information will be limited to your email address
We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, Impress is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions, affiliates and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information.
To enable you to place orders in our Online Shop, a long-term cookie will be set when you access specific pages. These are small text files which remain on your computer. The file is only used to enable you to use certain applications, for example our shopping cart system.
Most browsers will accept cookies by default. You can allow or prohibit temporary and stored cookies separately in your security settings. If you deactivate cookies you may lose access to some features on our site and some web pages may not be displayed correctly.
The information stored in our cookies will never be linked to your personal information (name, address etc.) without your express consent.
Impress uses external payment service provider, MYGATE, to process all payments. We therefore do not store any information pertaining to bank or card details. More information regarding MYGATE, visit https://mygate.co.za/
Consent for e-mail advertising
You may consent to receiving interesting offers from Impress by regular e-mail. Your e-mail address will not be forwarded to other companies. If you decide to discontinue receiving these services in the future, you can withdraw your consent at any time. To do this, please click “Unsubscribe” at the end of the newsletter, or send an e-mail to email@example.com, with “Unsubscribe from newsletter” in the subject line.